sâmbătă, 22 mai 2010

Surprising bracelet


 

As a rule, I don't really do bracelets, because I don't wear them. This one, though, was made as a special order for a cohenite who saw my work because of the Leonard Cohen forum. Obviously, I asked her what style and colours she wanted; and also if she had any "story" in mind for it. And that's where the surprise came. She wanted the bracelet for a gay-meeting event, and she wanted it to contain blue for being straight and pink for being gay, and purple... hmmm, for something in between? I probably got a bit mixed up around here. I didn't confess, but I had a bit of a shock. I don't care about what people do in private; but I am a bit formal myself, and I don't like sex as a public thing too much... and also, I will blame it on this country, where being gay is not such an open thing yet.

Anyway, the blue-purple-pink colour combination was a challenge; I made at least 8 samples, changing the colours of the beads, until I got the exact ones that I wanted. I had to use more subtle bead finishes (silky-looking ones and ab effect too), so that the colours wouldn't clash. The lacy pattern was inspired from www.beadinfinitum.com; it took me a while to figure out how to do it, and I'm really glad I learned something new. The bracelet is right now flying towards its owner, and I hope she'll like it! 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu